jueves, 16 de abril de 2015

Find my past: Hungarian Heritage

hoffmann györgy



Finding out family history is something which captures the imagination of many. Discovering the story of those who have gone before you can give you a new perspective on how you got to where you are today, or even inspire you to do something great.

Of course family research is not just for finding out who you are, it can also be important for  official purposes in processes such as foreign citizenship applications.

I do my own family research for both of these purposes. Armed only with the names of my grandparents, I initially began with a curiosity to find the fact behind family stories. Now, 10 years on I have tracked my ancestors to over 10 different countries, even taking time out to learn English to aid me in my research.

Through my experience the biggest lesson I have learnt is the importance of being in the country that you are researching. Since moving to Hungary 3 months ago, I have been able to convince institutions which were previously reluctant to deal with me to give me everything from photos and addresses to birth certs and grave sites. I have also finally managed to aquire all of the documents I need to apply for citizenship here.

If you are researching family in Hungary, or just need tips on how to research, please don´t hesitate to contact me at nachopita7 (at) hotmail.com . I will send you information on my rates and share with you the years of experience I have worked hard to aquire.

find my past

Juan

"La vida exige a todo individuo una contribución y depende del individuo descubrir en qué consiste."
Viktor Frankl (1905-1997) Psiquiatra y psicoterapeuta austriaco

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Dejá tu comentario aquí...